The highly anticipated Balmain x H&M collaboration finally arrives in stores across the world today November 5th. And it’s pure madness! The lines at the stores are out of control and the website has crashed. Looking at the lines outside the stores, you would think it was Black Friday and they were selling 60″ TV’s for $199.
Over the past few weeks, there were many promos on social media followed by the revelation of the full collection. The campaign featured Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid, Jourdan Dunn and the French designer Olivier Rousteing. There was also a star-studded fashion show in NYC which had Backstreet Boys performing. Odd choice of entertainment, but I digress.
If you plan on joining the masses at the stores or even shopping the Balmain x H&M pieces online , here are a few things to keep in mind:
- The collection goes live on H&M’s U.S. website at 8 am EST and at all retail stores at 8 am local time.
- Purchases online are limited to 1 per style per customer. Purchases in stores are limited to two per style per customer.
- The first 420 shoppers in line at the stores will be given one of 14 colored bracelets. Each group of 30 people with have 15 minutes shop the collection. After the 14th group shops, whatever is left will be available to everyone in the store.
- You can return or exchange items with receipt up until November 8th. After that, you will get a store credit.
- Accessories are not returnable for hygiene reasons. All merchandise must be returned in its original selling condition.
There is something for everyone in the Balmain x H&M collection. It has everything from a high-end beaded dress for $649 down to ring or a hat for $18. Items are already showing up on Ebay so there will be opportunities to purchase from resellers, though it will be at hefty cost. Check out some of the pieces from their look book.